Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Soaking time: 4 - 5 hrs.
Peanut dahi vada / Dahi vada / dahi bhalla / doi bora looks delicious, yummy and full of mouth watering dish. It's my 1st try to do it at my home and it’s become very tasty with nice flavor and taste of peanuts when we take bites of peanut dahi vada. An awesome flavor full dish made by me especially for yesterday’s dinner at my home. When I represented peanut dahi vada dish in front of my family members, they all became happy and said, "wow!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!” When we take bites of peanut dahi vada, we never believe an amazing taste of it with flavors of peanuts.
|peanut dahi vada|
Actually, my mom love peanuts. So, she really likes peanut dahi vada too much. When I fried peanut vada, so it gives such a nice aroma of peanuts at my kitchen. When vada fried completely and I just add into water for 5 - 6 minutes. At that time, I noticed it’s become so soft and I like it so much because of its softness and I eagerly waited to taste it. I just felt unhappy because lack of coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds at my home. If i had it, so my dish become so colorful and yummy with nice taste of its.
|moong & urad dal|
Here, I used moong / mung dal with salted peanuts. You can use black gram / chana dal instead of moong dal. You can also use unsalted peanuts instead of salted peanuts. As per your choice, you can make combination of peanut dahi vada. Dahi vada is most popular and favorite dish. Majority of us, serve dahi vada as a starter form or as a chaat form.
Generally, dahi vada made on "Kali Chaudash" before Diwali festival at my home. In India, majority people made dahi vada on "Kali Chaudash". It’s one kind of Indian tradition to celebrate festivals. You can serve peanut dahi vada with green chutney as well as sweet chutney. Even you can also serve hot vada just sprinkle with chat masala on it. Yes, you can serve hot crispy vada as teatime snack.
You can also use mint leaves for garnish it. You can also serve dahi vada as a side dish at dinner time in front of your family members.
It’s my guarantee, when you serve peanut dahi vada to your family members, they fully impress with this tasty, yummy, delicious and mouth watering dish of peanut dahi vada. Enjoy with your lovely chaat dish peanut dahi vada with your friends and family members.
1. 1/2 cup Salted peanuts
2. 1 cup moong dal / mung dal
3. 3 teaspoon urad dal
4. Salt (taste wise)
5. 2 tbsp Green pest (green chilies, ginger)
6. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
7. 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida powder / hing
8. 1 - 2 lemon
9. Oil (for deep fry)
10. 1 cup curd
11. 1 tbsp sugar powder
12. 1 teaspoon red chili powder
13. 1 teaspoon coriander powder
14. 1 tbsp green chutney
15. 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
16. 1 tbsp sev
17. 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
18. 1 glass of Water
1. Take a bowl, add moong dal, urad dal and water in it. Now, wash it and drain excess water from it.
2. Again add water and soak moong dal and urad dal in it for 4 - 5 hours.
|Wash & soak into water|
3. Now, Take a mixer bowl, add peanuts and little water in it and make a smooth and thick pest of it.
|Make peanut pest|
4. Now, Transfer peanut pest to a bowl.
|peanut pest ready|
5. Now, add chopped green chilies and ginger in a mixer bowl and make a smooth pest of it.
|Make green pest|
6. After 4 - 5 hours, add moong dal and urad dal with 1 teaspoon green pest in a mixer bowl and also add salt taste wise in it and make a smooth & thick pest of it.
|Add moong & urad dal|
7. Now, transfer it to a peanut pest bowl, also add green pest in it. mix it properly.
|Mix all pest|
|Add lemon juice|
8. Add lemon juice, black pepper powder, asafoetida powder (hing) in it and again mix it properly. (Note: If better become so smooth add gram flour in it because thick better is needed to make vada.)
|Add black pepper powder|
|add asafoetida powder|
9. Heat oil in a thick pan for deep fry vada from the better.
10. Now, take small portion of better and add it to heated oil and fry vada on low flame till it become light golden color from both sides.
11. Now, transfer it to a paper nepkin.
12. Take another bowl, add 1 glass of water in it and add fried vada in it. Soak it into water for 5 - 7 minutes. (You can put round shape of vada.)
|soak vada into water|
13. Now, remove excess water from the vada by pressing vada using your hands and put it into a plate. (Note: Here, use your both palm)
|Remove water from vada|
14. Now, take a bowl of curd, add sugar powder and salt in it and mix it properly.
|Add sugar powder|
15. Apply curd on vada and also sprinkle red chili powder and coriander powder in it and apply small dots of green chutney on each vada.
|Sprinkle red chili, coriander powder|