Prep time : 10 - 15 minutes
Cook time : 35 minutes
Farsi puri is snack puris or we can also call it as chat puri or crispy puri. “Farsi” word comes from kathiyavad (Gujarat) its mean crispy. Generally, it prepared during the festivals. This puri serve with tea, coffee, cold drink, dahi, salad, banana raita, shakes or any other dish specially for its crispy and crunchy flavor along with roasted cumin seeds, ajmo and roasted black papers.
Oh yes …. You can also store it in air tight container for a long time like a month.
1. 250 gms Maida (Plain White Flour)
2. 1 tablespoon roasted Black Peppercorns
3. 1 teaspoon roasted Cumin Seeds
4. 1 teaspoon roasted ajmo
5. 2 tablespoons Oil or Ghee (Butter)
6. Oil for deep frying
1. Mix maida (plain white flour), cumin seeds, 3 tablespoons cooking oil and salt in a deep wide bowl.
2. Add water as required and prepare hard dough. It should be harder than paratha dough.
3. Cover it using plain cloth and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. Now, cut it into small portions using knife and give each portion a round shape of pattie.
4. Take each portion of dough and roll it out on roti maker board. Now, hole rolled puri with knife or fork. 4-5 holes in entire puri at different places are sufficient. (So, it doesn’t puff up while frying it.)
5. Heat oil in a frying pan or kadai. Deep-Fry holed puris on medium heat until they become light brown on both sides.
6. Drain and transfer to plate having kitchen paper spread on it. Crispy and crunchy farsi puris are ready, store them in airtight container and enjoy for long days.
1. When you transfer farsi puri from the frying pan at that time just sprinkle chat masala and red chili powder on it for more delicious taste.
2. You can also make it in a square or triangle shape.